-->

Mindless

I am a computer programmer by day and philosopher by night. I post once or twice a week. I aim to prevent blogging from taking to much time, while allowing time to develop each idea before posting it. Each has some reference to human, universal, or societal truths, while presented in an organized, understandable & consise way -- this is the plan anyway. Results may very as what rings true for one may seem false to another. Also becuase sometimes I get things wrong.

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Introducing RSS!

RSS is a way of automatically detecting updates to web sites and other Internet content with the use of an RSS client. You can subscribe to my blog (web log) in a way similar to signing up for an email list; you will receive a message each time I add a new post.

Here is a more detailed explanation of RSS: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSS_(protocol)

I use Mozilla Thunderbird as my RSS client. It is an email program which is also an RSS client. An RSS client is often called an "aggregator."

This site lists a few aggregators:
http://blogspace.com/rss/readers (I found it easily enough by doing a Google search for "RSS client").

The RSS 'feed' URL for my web log is http://-mindless.blogspot.com/atom.xml Your client will ask you for this URL. The RSS Feed URL is also listed on the links to your right.

Please comment here if you have trouble setting this up. I will try to help, but I have not used other aggregators so the aid I give may be limited.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home