-->

Mindless

I am a computer programmer by day and philosopher by night. I post once or twice a week. I aim to prevent blogging from taking to much time, while allowing time to develop each idea before posting it. Each has some reference to human, universal, or societal truths, while presented in an organized, understandable & consise way -- this is the plan anyway. Results may very as what rings true for one may seem false to another. Also becuase sometimes I get things wrong.

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Truth

Truth is the sowing of trust. The ultimate fruit of which is community.

But, being truthful is much more important then this.

Being truthful to others inspires truthfulness to self. How can you be truthful to others without first being truthful to yourself?

Truthfulness to self requires internal reflection.

Internal reflection requires insightful self observation.

When all of these are well cultivated this is deep sincerity.

Deep sincerity allows one to live in accordance with ones own values in a harmonious state. That is to say, free of internal conflict.


We cannot realise Rama by reading the Ramayana, or Krishna by reading the Gita, or Allah by reading the Koran, or Christ by reading the Bible; the only means of realising them is by developing a pure and noble character. Character is based on virtuous action and virtuous action is grounded on Truth. Truth, then, is the source and foundation of all things that are good and great. Hence, fearless and unflinching pursuit of the ideal of Truth and Righteousness is the key of true health as of all else.
- Mohandas Gandhi

3 Comments:

At Sun Oct 23, 11:38:00 PM EDT, Blogger Bar L. said...

Truthfulness to self. Am I? Not always. This is superb and I am soooooooooo glad I found your blog (or you found mine). I need to reflect on this more. I know I miss the mark in being truthful to myself because I felt defensive when I read this. Thank you.

 
At Wed Oct 26, 09:43:00 PM EDT, Blogger Bar L. said...

I love your comments on my blog...waiting for a new post here :)

 
At Wed Oct 26, 10:11:00 PM EDT, Blogger James Gray said...

I'd like to thank my loyal reader for so much encouragement!

I am glad that my ideas could be of help to you. You are just the person to appreciate what I have to say - you appear to enjoy the soul searching that I do. Soul searching hurts because we have egos that can be bent out of shape. It feels wonderful because self-discovery is so liberating!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home