-->

Mindless

I am a computer programmer by day and philosopher by night. I post once or twice a week. I aim to prevent blogging from taking to much time, while allowing time to develop each idea before posting it. Each has some reference to human, universal, or societal truths, while presented in an organized, understandable & consise way -- this is the plan anyway. Results may very as what rings true for one may seem false to another. Also becuase sometimes I get things wrong.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Alienated from the One

My grandfather sent a couple books to me that he wanted me to have before he passed away. One of them was Markings, by Dag Hammarskjold. I thought of this book because I feel it is one of the sources of inspiration for my blog, and I turned (totally at random) to something that sounds a bit like what I was thinking the other night.


6.23.57

Result and reaction -- The intense blaze of your anxiety reveals to what a great extent you are still fettered, still alienated from the One.

However, don't worry about this or anything else, but follow the Way of which you are aware, even when you have departed from it.

"Nevertheless, not as I will, but as Thou wilt."


Trying to obtain inner peace just seems to lead to agitation, as do all such concerns. I'll try to accept my non-peace and see where I end up. Thinking in the back of my mind this may lead to peace, but taking care to stay emotionally disengaged from the question.

This is not apathy because apathy is resignation to a subjectively bad situation but all the while is bitter toward said situation. It is not that I don't care about inner peace. It is only that I cease to concern myself with it for a time.

4 Comments:

At Fri Oct 28, 12:21:00 AM EDT, Blogger Bar L. said...

So your grandfather was a lover of books too? That's very cool to have some of his books that he saved especially for you.

I have never thought about accepting non-peace as a means fo obtaining peace. I need to think more about that one...hmmmmmm.

 
At Fri Oct 28, 05:04:00 PM EDT, Blogger James Gray said...

My grandfather did love books. He read stories to us when we were small. Mostly outdoor/nature stories as he loved nature too. Grew up on a farm.

I had thought would say something about the photo I used. The obvious interpretation of "The One" is God. I never try to picture God, so this would not do. An alternate out of context interpretation seemed more fun. It is of course a reference to the movie: 'Matrix."

 
At Sun Oct 30, 01:40:00 AM EDT, Blogger Bar L. said...

I like that choice for a photo.

 
At Tue Nov 01, 01:47:00 PM EST, Blogger James Gray said...

Me too. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home